Job Title: Protection Monitors
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance.
Date of Issue: 17 January 2021
Closing Date for Applications: 22 January 2021
Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development known as (JAAHD) is a National and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. JAAHD has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah, Almahweet & Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and finding durable solutions for them upon return.
Currently JAAHD in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a protection project in Alhodeidah governorate. The objective of the project is to offer protection assistance for IDPs and hosting community through the community center in the city.
The community center will offer multi protection assistance including PSS activities, legal assistance and referral cases. Thus, the association announces the need to hire protection monitors for the community center to achieve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct daily field visits to villages, urban areas, and informal settlements to monitor protection activities and meet with key informants and persons of concern within the community.
- Utilize smart tools for data collection and make sure data is precise, complete and timely uploaded on the system.
- Provide monthly inputs and figures to the line manager to be included in the weekly and monthly progress report.
- Provide monthly accurate data in the protection monitoring reports to be shared with the donor and relevant stakeholders, after revision and approval of the project manager.
- Create awareness over the hotline services, especially when conducting identification exercise for cash-based interventions.
- Work to strengthen JAAHD relationship with IDPs, host community leaders and stake holders in order to maintain good access to the populations of concern.
- Conduct rapid assessments of newly displaced persons.
- Identify people with special needs and other vulnerable HHs who meet the acceptance criteria to be enrolled in the cash distribution program or referred them to a particular specialist in the community center.
- Provide weekly beneficiaries’ lists of cash assistance to the protection coordinator and ensure all cash requests are properly filled.
- Provide feedback on the number of cases that have been assessed on a daily and weekly basis to be submitted in the system.
- Promote protection principles and standards and also IDPs legislation or policies.
- Promote confidence building and conflict resolution among populations of concern, authorities and host communities
- And any other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree or Diploma or any other related certificate.
- Working experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Familiarity with smart data collection tools.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of JAAHD.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Computer/IT literacy (Windows, Office, Internet etc.)
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.