Job Title: Community Based Protection Network Assistant
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance.
Date of Issue: 17 January 2021
Closing Date for Applications: 22 January 2021
Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development known as (JAAHD) is a National and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. JAAHD has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah, Almahweet & Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and finding durable solutions for them upon return.
Currently JAAHD in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a protection project in Alhodeidah governorate. The objective of the project is to offer protection assistance for IDPs and hosting community through the community center in the city.
The community center will offer multi protection assistance including PSS activities, legal assistance and referral cases. Thus, the association announces the need to hire a CBPN Assistant for the community center to achieve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Supervise the process of choosing the CBPN members in the targeted districts.
- Conduct training for the CBPN members on the protection standards and vulnerability criteria and network job mechanism and other related tasks.
- Provide CBPN members with the appropriate reporting forms and mechanisms to report any vulnerable cases and arrival of new IDPs families.
- Follow up the CBPN members to fill up and send the applications of the received cases and do the necessary revision to approve the cases and matching them with the vulnerability criteria.
- Receive the referred cases of the IDPs by the CBPNs members.
- In coordination with the Protection Coordinator and Case Management Officer the CBPN Assistant will refer the cases received to the field team for field assessment and verification.
- Work with CBPNs to disseminate key protection messages to people of concern.
- Hold awareness sessions for the IDPs and host community in protection field and other related issues.
- Receive the reports related to the awareness sessions held by the CBPNs members in the field.
- Conduct field visits to assess the cases that was reported by the CBPN members and assess the level of satisfaction over the offered services.
- Conduct a regular meeting with the CBPN members in the targeted districts.
- Evaluate the performance for the CBPN members in the targeted districts.
- Performing any requested activities by the community center manager or the protection coordinator.
- Insert data sent by the CBPN members to the database.
- And any other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in social sciences or any other relevant field.
- Experience in community mobilization and capacity building.
- Initiative and ability to follow up on issues.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of JAAHD.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Excellent written and spoken English is an asset.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Excellent knowledge of MS applications particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.