Job Title: Hotline Operator
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance.
Date of Issue: 17 January 2021
Closing Date for Applications: 22 January 2021
Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development known as (JAAHD) is a National and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. JAAHD has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah, Almahweet & Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and finding durable solutions for them upon return.
Currently JAAHD in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a protection project in Alhodeidah governorate. The objective of the project is to offer protection assistance for IDPs and hosting community through the community center in the city.
The community center will offer multi protection assistance including PSS activities, legal assistance and referral cases. Thus, the association announces the need to hire a hotline operator for the community center to achieve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Receive feedback/complaints calls to the hotline (cellphones and land phone), and insert necessary information into the database.
- Log all calls answered and ensure they are routed to the correct staff member and/or department.
- Respond to complaints objectively, accurately, and in line with IDPs Community Center guidelines, using information provided by project manager and protection coordinator.
- Validate the collected data on daily basis.
- Maintain confidential and detailed records of all complaints in the database and other electronic and hard copy filing systems as appropriate.
- Filter the feedback/complaints received on daily basis.
- Follow up on pending complaints.
- Prepare daily report on feedback/complaints received and disseminate to relevant staff as agreed upon with the project manager.
- Analyze patterns and trends in complaints to help project management improve the services provided by the IDPs community center.
- Prepare weekly reports on the feedback received and the actions taken in response to them and the status of the actions taken.
- When required, the hotline employee will give feedback through phone to the complainers about the actions taken by the IDPs community center in response to their complaints.
- Prepare quarterly statistical reports on the performance of the beneficiary feedback mechanism and the response rate to received feedback/complaints.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
- Assist project teams with other activities, as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all complaints received
- And any other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in social sciences or any other related field.
- Working experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of JAAHD.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.