Job Title: Case Management Specialist (CP & GBV)
Duration: Initially until 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension depending on fund availability and staff performance.
Date of Issue: 17 January 2021
Closing Date for Applications: 22 January 2021
Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development known as (JAAHD) is a National and Non-Governmental Association emerged in wake of the humanitarian crisis to help communities affected by conflict in Yemen. It provides emergency relief and direct assistance for the conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, vulnerable groups and those people caught up in extraordinary life-threatening situations. JAAHD has a presence in Al Hudaydah, Hajjah, Almahweet & Raymah with the aim of building up protection capacities for people in displacement and finding durable solutions for them upon return.
Currently JAAHD in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a protection project in Alhodeidah governorate. The objective of the project is to offer protection assistance for IDPs and hosting community through the community center in the city.
The community center will offer multi protection assistance including PSS activities, legal assistance and referral cases. Thus, the association announces the need to hire a Case Management Specialist (CP & GBV) to achieve the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitor and supervise the process of identification and assessment of CP, PwSN cases and GBV survivors by social workers.
- Supervise the activities related to individual case management (ICM) for persons of concern in the location of intervention, in accordance with CM steps and with relevant tools and procedures.
- Support and manage social workers in their daily PSS/PSFA activities.
- Undertake field visits to provide technical guidance to social workers, as well as regularly monitor the progress of protection activities.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and take proactive steps to be informed about available services; Supervise internal and external referrals according to established referral pathways.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with stakeholders, in collaboration with protection coordinator, including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers in the target areas for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing.
- Hold regular mentoring and couching for SWs based on identified needs and gaps.
- Communicate regularly with teams for updates on achievements and challenges.
- Discuss and approve the cash assistance requests provided by social workers, verifying eligibility according to criteria.
- Manage the Hotline and refer cases according to needs, to the correct staff and location.
- Ensure accurate quality reporting on the activities, feeding into weekly and monthly reports to be prepared by the protection coordinator.
- Maintain regular and positive collaboration with the colleagues to harmonize approaches and methodologies of response, share challenges and best practices and ensure that protection is mainstreamed into the other sectors of intervention.
- Provide written feedback about protection incidents and issues.
- Ensure all data is systematically provided to the system and take regular samples of intake and assessment forms checking on the quality and completeness of the case management records.
- Ensure that the data registered in the files is safe and kept confidential.
- Ensure that all cases are filed, and that information is reported in details about the case, background, case plan, follow up and actions taken.
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- And any other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or closely related field.
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Ability to provide technical support, trainings and supervision to staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Familiar with all terms related to the protection of IDPs.
- Initiative and ability to follow up on issues.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of JAAHD.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS applications particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.