Duty Station [Aden/Lahj -Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job
Provides administrative or technical support with the implementation of emergency activities in the area as well as other programs, where needed and relevant .Assist the sector officer in ensuring compliance with DRC and donor processes, quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of emergency activities in line with sector guidelines and standard operating procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administrative and technical support
- Carry out basic tasks within sector area, including beneficiary identification, distribution of relief assistance (either cash or in-kind), needs assessments and other sector-specific evaluations
- Carry out administrative tasks, including preparation of PRs, POs, service contracts, financial reconciliation and tracking of outputs
- Ensure timely reporting of outputs and escalation of issues faced during program implementation
- Follow given work plans and guidelines
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
- Experience in administrative tasks