Distribution Team Leader (6)
Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Project: Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM)
Position: Distribution Team Leader
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duration: 8 Months
Deadline: 09 January 2021
Duty Station: 3 in Al-Jawf and 3 in Sa’dah
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a Non-Profit Local Non-Government Foundation, established in 2013, to providing humanitarian assistance to affected communities and individuals, including community development programs. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring close follow-up influx of IDPs within YARD’s coverage area and with coordination with the local authorities.
- Collecting regularly basic information on IDPs movements (newly displaced, IDPs already displaced, but changing displacement locations, and returnees).
- Providing proactively good guidance to the team members, in terms of:
- Getting to IDP sites to conduct comprehensive and participatory assessments to identify needs;
- New IDPs registration and verification based on the locations they settled in;
- Beneficiaries’ documentations are correctly recorded;
- Checking of quality and the quantity of the delivered/distributed kits/items;
- PoCs are receiving the granted assistance hand to hand, and
- Women, hence all generation, have safe and equal access to assistance.
- Monitoring and reviewing the overall RRM Kits movements such as deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the sites and verify if the amounts received have been properly matching the total number of Households planned to be assisted and distributed.
- Checking and ensuring the quality and the quantity of the humanitarian kits/items delivered by the Donor to YARD warehouses, yet keeping frequent tracking and reporting on those items to be distributed among beneficiaries.
- Overseeing the distribution of RRM kits/items at the site and ensuring proper distribution of entitlements.
- Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of the RRM activities at the local levels and in close collaboration with the participation of beneficiaries.
- Ensuring good implementation of the provided Distribution Plan.
- Providing technical support to the casual labors and monitoring them through the distribution.
- Arranging and preparing all the distribution requirement and take the responsibility for all the distribution activities in the field
- Ensuring accurate and timely photos of the project activities, with keeping good filing the good quality photos.
- Representing YARD in the field in suitable manner.
- Ensuring provision of good quality success stories in a monthly basis.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Coordinator or the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
A University or Diploma Degree in any equivalent field of education with, at least, 1 year of experience, if found in a similar field, or minimum two-year-experience working previously with humanitarian agencies. The incumbent should also be:-
• Able to work independently and good team player.
• Flexible and committed
• Ability & willingness to travel to the field
• Ability to work with/in a team, but also in an autonomous way
• Ability to work under pressure and in meeting deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good management skills
- Punctual and Committed
- Computer Program Skills (Microsoft Office)
- English à Not mandatory for this position.
- Arabic à Fluency is necessary and a must.