The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Procurement Officer
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Place: Sana'a - Yemen
Position Type: Full time – contract.
Position Reporting to: Procurement Manager.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Postdate: 30th, Dec. 2020
To collect, analyze and report on information to maximize efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
1) KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: (not all-inclusive)
Procurement officer is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Foundation values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with procurement procedure and SDF standards.
- Review purchase requisition for completeness and accuracy follow up on discrepancies with the initiating department, identify available supplier for each purchase requisition.
- Support and manage procurement processes and operational activities, (e.g., issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of materials and/or services.
- Receive, open, screen log, bid response/quotation, mail as required and organize bids documents for review by the project management.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing and documentation of procurement activities; ensure accurate paperwork and supply chain in compliance with donor requirements and as described in the Foundation’s procurement manual.
- Ensure competent quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative works.
- Follows up and implements daily tasks and guides the procurement assistants when required.
- When requested, review all requests submitted by programs and tasks division with procurement team on time.
- Act as a point of referral and supporting Program staff with more complex analysis and queries.
- Respond to inquiries from project management regarding purchase requisition, purchase orders, contract and pricing information.
- Negotiate for best purchasing package (in terms of quality, prices, terms, delivery and services) with vendors.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, companies, etc. to align procurement activities with programs requirements and ensure a coherent approach to meet the needs.
- Ensure that SDF minimum standards and procurement procedures are implemented and that the requirements of the donor are also adhered.
- Organize data and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reports on procurement activities.
- Carry out any required procurement, including Emergency Procurement, in compliance with SDF Standard guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.)
- Gather information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Follow up the materials and services delivery.
- Ensure all the payments for vendors are done on time and without any delay.
- Establish a good relation with suppliers, and assist in building up a detailed suppliers’ database with their related documentations.
- Ensure proper documentation including archive and backup system.
- Keep records of all complete Procurement dossiers: procurement tracking on ITBs/Tenders (planning, implementation, awarding, contracting).
- Perform any assigned related tasks by line manager.
C) Behaviors (Values in Practice)
- Holds him/herself accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling SDF values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for SDF, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
2) QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ experience in Procurement with NGO or similar field.
- Experience in supply chain management, including procurement activities and processes.
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English language.
- Experience in managing complex contracts.
- Experience working with vendors or other partners.
- Experience conducting cost analyses.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
Core Values (Required)
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Planning and Organizing.
- Problem Solving.