The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type: Open Ended
Level of Post: B2
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Sa’ada
Contributes to the implementation of the Physical Rehabilitation Project activities in accordance to agreed objectives and related strategies, particularly in relation to improved quality and capacity of prosthetics and orthotics (P&O) and wheelchair service provision. As a member of the physical rehabilitation multidisciplinary team, s/he contributes to the implementation of internal and international P&O standards, overall service provision standards and monitor the quality of the services provided (from registration of the service user to discharge). S/he will personally provide services to more complicated/complex cases.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Promotes best practice in coordination with the Physical Rehabilitation team and is actively involved in the delivery of services to complicated/complex cases.
- Collaborates and liaises with all members of the rehabilitation team to ensure a multidisciplinary team approach.
- Mentors technical and clinical staff involved in the provision of P&O and wheelchair services within assisted physical rehabilitation centre, embedding of freshly graduated students, supports centre managers and P&O Head of Department how to implement guidelines in order that standards are respected.
- Support technical and clinical staff to perform systematic quality control procedures.
- Reports on physical rehabilitation context, needs and programmes at internal and external level.
- Assists PRP delegates in daily PRP activities, training, professional translation and mediation with the interlocutors/authorities
- Supports the clinical activities within SAD PRC
- Supports the clinical activities of the PRC including workshop management, clinical management and Centre Administration including store management, premises
- Undertakes P&O clinical and mentorship sessions
- Conducts and participates in field trips and visits to PRC catchment areas
- Collaborates with the physical therapy FO to promote Multidisciplinary team (MDT) approach in the clinical management of Service users.
- Provide Verbal and written reports to line manager
- Internally interacts with Ortho-Prosthetists and other relevant Physical Rehabilitation colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree (CAT I) or Diploma (CAT II) in Prosthetics and Orthotics Sciences
- Good communication: Speaks and writes English comprehensively
Professional Experience Required
- 4-6 years clinical experience in similar position.
- Good communication: speaks and writes English comprehensively
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team an asset.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Yemeni Nationality
- Arabic as native language
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to travel to the field and to the capital (Sana’a)
- Ability to take hardships