Integrated Project Manager
Location: Sa'ada, Dhamar with frequent visits to the head office
Reporting to: Integrated Program Manager/ Programs Manager
Start date: January 2021
Contract Duration: 12 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance.
WASH & CCCM Project Manager Job Description
WASH & CCCM Project Manager is responsible for Coordination, planning, implementing, developing, monitoring and evaluating the assigned tasks of Wash & CCCM Project. "She/He will carry out all managerial responsibilities of overall project activities over the whole period of the project. ""He/she will be roving between both of our sub offices in Sa'ada and Dhamar according to work plan and workload with frequent visits to the head office. PM will be responsible of supervising all activities and ensure that the project is on the right track, achieving the planned targets and indicators and performing all the respective activities
Technical Support and Management:
- Project kick-off and presentation/sharing of project.
- Work on developing and reviewing the project strategy in partnership with the concerned government authorities, local governorate authorities, directorates and beneficiaries.
- Prepare and follow up the implementation of the projects plans (Work Plan, Risks Mitigation Plan, Recruitment Plan, Procurement Plan and Financial Plan)
- Ensure sound management for the project information and data inside NFDHR systems (Portal and ERP)
- Setup and update (daily & weekly basis) project activities, indicators, tasks and documentations in NFDHR's systems (Portal and ERP)
- Ensures the planning, implementation and monitoring/evaluation and sets targets as included in the project description.
- Guarantee an efficient financial management for the project in compliance with NFDHR’ model and donor regulations.
- Deliver quality project activities reporting, including the findings in terms of impact/changes at the level of beneficiaries achieved through the project.
- Oversee the implementation of WASH & CCCM Project in coordination with other Project staff.
- Ensure project implementation is according to the required standards/specifications and corresponding timetable of the project.
- Oversee the development of field staff trainings.
- Supervise the maintenance and archiving of reports, records, and technical documents
- Oversee WASH & CCCM situational analyses, assessments, and studies in the areas targeted by the institution.
- Supervise, plan, organize, and monitor all project activities carried out by the field coordinator(s)
- Supervise and submit periodic studies, reports, and evaluation around WASH & CCCM Project.
- Prepare evidence-based project awareness IEC materials and get them approved by relevant authorities.
- Develop WASH & CCCM Project under the supervision of Programs Manager and donor organizations.
- Oversee project monitoring and evaluation, ensuring the achievement of project indicators and results at all stages of implementation
- Evaluate staff performance and make recommendations.
- Review and prepare a detailed activities plan
- Agree and establish clear reporting and communication lines
- Verification on the targeting of beneficiaries
Coordination and Representation:
- Coordinate and communicate along with the relevant government and local authorities within the project framework, ensuring their meaningful participation to respond to the local community’s needs.
- Represent NFDHR in several meetings and events related to the WASH and CCCM sector such as the respective clusters, prepare and present minutes from these meetings to the Programs Manager.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Administrative and Reporting Duties:
- Prepare and send media reports through NFDHR's Systems (Portal & ERP) to the Media Officer on field project activities and field needs for beneficiaries on a regular basis (weekly, monthly).
- Prepare project's technical and progress reports and data in coordination with the M&E Officer through NFDHR's Systems (Portal & ERP) and as requested by the Programs Manager.
- Review on monthly basis the project's financial reports through NFDHR's Systems (Portal & ERP) and what have been shared by the Finance Manager with responding to the reports recommendations to ensure the proper financial management for the project's fund
- Ensure sector SOPs and guidelines are properly applied and adhered to.
• Prepare weekly/monthly liquidity plan (forecasting plan)
• Based on the authority limits, approval of all purchases/contracting and budget line allocations through NFDHR's Systems (Portal & ERP)
• Through NFDHR's Systems (Portal & ERP), ensure for all purchases/contracting of goods/services/supplies the correct procurement guidelines are applied and properly documented (also for the procedures applied by the municipalities), in close coordination with the admin-finance and logistics department.
• Through NFDHR's Systems (Portal & ERP), verify the list of expenditures prior to finalizing the interim and final financial reports.
• Holds final responsibility for verification of all support documents’ completeness and correctness (Hardcopies and through NFDHR's Systems "Portal & ERP")
The role of the Wash & CCCM Project Manager is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with NFDHR’s vision and mission. As such, the Wash & CCCM Project Manager is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to NFDHR’s Wash & CCCM project and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
Experiences, Qualifications and Abilities
- University degree preferably in Engineering, Business specialization, or a related subject.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience working in WASH and CCCM projects.
- Experience with project management cycle, budgets management, team management and sufficient knowledge for donor requirements such as UN Agencies, ECHO, DFID.
- Strategic and Proactive Planning Skills
- Financial Planning and Forecasting Skills
- Proposals Writing and Reporting Skills (Narrative and Progress)
- Previous experience in a humanitarian setting.
- Permanently reside at the project locations/ sub-office during the project lifetime.
- Excellent interpersonal, representative and communication skills (written, oral, cross - cultural), relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
- Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs.
- Experience in donor relation.
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
- Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization.
- Ability to work on computerized systems and applications, preferably (Enterprise Resources Planning Systems, Projects & Proposal Writing Systems)
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of NFDHR
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results