Field Project Coordinator 2 ( Marib & Al-Jawf - Taiz )
Job Title: Field project Coordinator
Report to: Project Manager
Location: Marib & Al-Jawf - Taiz
Contract duration: 3 Months
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the Program Manager in the implementation of the project activities
2. Supervise and monitor the field activities in the targeted areas, collect the Monthly reports and submit to M&E team.
3. Follow up routine data collection and reporting.
4. In collaboration with the Program Manager prepares quantitative and qualitative reports of all health and nutrition activities according to donor and MoPH reporting guidelines
5. Support to general logistics related to the project activities
6. Follow up on procurement of supplies and stationary for the project activities as procurement policy;
7. Assist Program Manager in facilitation of regular trainings for team members to strengthen their skills in areas of health and nutrition service provision,
8. Ensures that staff practice standard procedures and protocols.
9. Follow up drug distribution and consumption in comparison with reported cases managed.
11. Work together with the program Manager on developing and tracking work plans and action plans
12. Work together with Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure progress towards established indicators.
13. Participate and lead needs assessment, analyze and organize data/information.
15. Performs any other duties assigned by the Program Manager.
16. Participates on the authorities, GHO, inter-agency coordination meetings
17. Participates at the negotiations with the local communities, government authorities and religious leaders at the municipalities level
18. Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager and report to Program Manager
19. In coordination with the Program Manager, organize and carry out monthly project review meeting with all targeted health facilities ensuring the involvement of local authorities and communities
20. Ensure monthly updates (text, pictures, voices from the field) are provided to the Program Manager for updating the website
21. Performs other duties as assigned
List the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the duties of the job
Health professional/Qualified health nurse with post qualification
- At least 2 years’ management/coordination of health and nutrition projects in Yemen with National or International NGO
- Previous experience in implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health and nutrition
- programs, particularly in emergency context.
- Strong knowledge of primary and community health care programs
- Experience of capacity building and training of the local staff
Work Skills & Abilities
List specific skills and abilities needed for satisfactory performance in the position.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Diplomatic and an effective communicator at all levels.
- Supportive personnel management style and ability to manage teams
- Strong leadership skills
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing tasks assigned
- Good written and spoken English
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures.
- Dynamic, open-minded a creative
- Committed and accountable to the organization and the community/beneficiaries
- Attention to gender equity and crosscutting issues.