IT & Admin Assistant
|تاريخ النشر||١٣ نوفمبر ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||اليمن - Al Mahwit|
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: IT & Admin Assistant
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duty Station: AlMahwit
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: till 30 May 2020 with possibility of extension based on fund and performance
Deadline : 19 Nov 2019
The Mercy Corps IT and Administration (Operations) department is responsible for effective and timely support to programs. As part of Operations team, the incumbent of this position has key role in admin functions in Al Mahwit, including utilities, air travel, assets, properties management, communication, stationary, IT network management and maintenance, IT equipment administration etc. This position is also responsible for coordinating with other operations and program staff at the office and country level.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The IT & Admin Assistant will be responsible for all IT and Administration functions in the office under the direct supervision of the Field Manager and in close cooperation with the IT Manager and Admin staff in Sana’a. The IT & Admin Assistant will be responsible for implementing IT & Administration policies and procedures, as outlined in the Mercy Corps IT policies and Mercy Corps Administration Manual.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Read and understand the Global Mercy corps IT Systems Policy on appropriate use. Orient staff on appropriate use and monitor use activities to ensure adherence to these policies.
- Conduct staff training on computer basics and the use of MS Office applications and networking. Assist, as needed, with developing databases or other windows application needs for program and operational staff
- Responsible use and confidentiality of any information identified as sensitive.
- Regularly update anti-virus programs and ensure the entire network and computers are virus-free.
- Undertake the repairing and maintaining of LAN-s, internet systems and general IT maintenance and training– as per needs outlined by the Field Manager and IT Manager.
- Seek guidance for troubleshooting with IT equipment from IT Manager in Sanaa
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Ensure proper management and coordination of staff travel arrangements including air travel, pick and drop to/from airport, boarding and lodging.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Ensure proper inventory of office supplies including kitchen supplies and stationary.
- Ensures that the office property portrays a professional image by ensuring timely maintenance, electricity and furniture fixing.
- Ensure maintenance of all administrative notice boards – keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance.
- Process monthly utility payments for telephone, Internet, electricity, mobiles, newspaper and water supply.
- Responsible for petty cash management.
- Other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor and/or Head of Department.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Cleaner & Handy man.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO Field Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH Program and Operations staff and IT and Admin in Sanaa
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree business administration, IT science or related field.
- A minimum of one year experience in information technology system (IT)
- Minimum one year experience in Administration management with humanitarian organization.
- High level of integrity and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency written and spoken in English and Arabic.
• The candidate must be able to follow guidelines and reinforce organizational policies with all staff members, including senior and international staff.
• A positive attitude and an ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team in a stressful environment.
• Excellent skills in problem-solving and a results-oriented approach to HR management.